Monday, August 3, 2009

Research tools : Channapatna




A big number of us worked together in a group and came up with a lot of different tools each of which would extract different kind of information. We went to the village of Neelsandra in Channapatna where wooden beads are made for toys.
The tool that I created was Font based. I took the letter 'ka' and wrote it in five different fonts and asked the people to choose one out of the 5 fonts. I hoped to get an idea of the mindset of the society, to see how much they're progressing by seeing the choices they make. Whether they stick to the traditional way of writing it or go for something different.
The first person I asked turned out to speak english and hindi so he helped me to ask other people and slowly everybody got the hang of what was going on so the language wasn't an issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment